On May 4, Anonymous launched #OpIcarus, a 30-day operation organized to terrorize the central banking systems and financial institutions of the world. The group briefly brought down the websites of the central banks of countries such as Greece, Mexico, Montenegro and Bosnia.
Shortly after the first banks went down, #OpIcarus was joined by Ghost Squad Hackers, a small Anonymous faction that’s recently had a number of hacking successes, including a slew of attacks against Brazilian government sites and an extended take-down of a major KKK hub.
Like Icarus, the powers that be have flown too close to the sun, and the time has come to set the wings of their empire ablaze, and watch the system their power relies on come to a grinding halt and come crashing down around them…
Sc0rp10n Gh0s7, the leader of Ghost Squad Hackers, said in a private online message the group has been “waiting for this op for long time.” Gh0s7 listed banking fees, high interest rates, foreclosures and bailouts as the principal offenses, harkening back to the lip-service Anonymous paid Occupy Wall Street in 2011.
“Banks have been getting away with legally stealing and ripping of citizens for far too long,” Sc0rp10n Gh0s7 said. “And now Anonymous and Ghost Squad Hackers united will intervene and attack the very evil system that has been the cause of so many problems in this world.”
SOURCE – mic.com
Ok, we know that people have to do the best they can with what they have but sometimes you run across someone that should rethink their approach. Case in point, this gentleman from Baoding, Hebei Province, China. Clearly he has put some thought into his transportation needs but he’s lacking horsepower. Uhmm, make that dog power… Check it out:
Faster, Damn it! or you’re gonna be dinner!
Ever heard of “Composite Metal Foams” (CMFs)? Turns out, this technology has been around for quite a while and has a wide range of applications. These materials are tough enough to turn an armor-piercing bullet into dust on impact but weigh a fraction of plate armor.
Afsaneh Rabiei, a professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering at NC State, has spent years developing CMFs. The video below shows a specimen made out of her composite metal foams. The bullet in the video is a 7.62 x 63 millimeter M2 armor piercing projectile, which was fired according to the standard testing procedures established by the National Institute of Justice (NIJ). As you can see, the results were dramatic.
“We could stop the bullet at a total thickness of less than an inch, while the indentation on the back was less than 8 millimeters,” Rabiei says. “To put that in context, the NIJ standard allows up to 44 millimeters indentation in the back of an armor.”
Check it out:
SOURCE: NC State University
Friends, we all know our elected leaders are (for the most part), a special kind of stupid. We regularly see them in action in all facets of government bureaucracy. The tell us how this piece of legislature and that new law will keep us all safe from the bogeyman (foreign and domestic varieties). The issue which seems to demand the attention of our most idiotic (talking to you, Senator Feinstein) among others is gun control. The problem is, they never get it right…
As reported by Breitbart News, here are five of the worst gun control proposals regularly recycled and put forward at the state and/or federal level:
- Hollow-Point Ammunition Ban — Democrats in San Francisco have banned hollow-point ammunition in the city. The argument is that hollow-point ammunition is more dangerous — due to its expansion on impact — and therefore using full metal jacket bullets is safer. But reality teaches a completely different lesson. The NYPD used to mandate full metal jacket bullets for their officers, but reversed course when they realized the lack of expansion in a full metal jacket bullet tends to allow the bullet to pass through the perpetrator’s body and strike innocents behind him or her. In other words, the absence of hollow-point ammunition actually contributes to a higher rate of collateral damage. In July 1998, when the New York Times reported the NYPD’s switch from full metal jacket bullets to hollow points, they quoted NYPD police commissioner Howard Safir, saying: “We are, in fact, going to switch to hollow-point ammunition as soon as we receive it. They are much safer than fully jacketed bullets, which will go through a person or tumble through a person’s organs and then continue on and hit innocent victims.”
- “Assault Weapons” Ban — Democrats pushed through a federal assaults weapons ban under Bill Clinton that lasted from 1994 to 2004. The impact of the ban was negligible at best, and some studies — like that contained in Applied Economic Letters — show an significant increase in gun-related murder rates while the “assault weapons” ban was in place. For example, the study in the November 2013 issue of Applied Economic Letters showed the gun-related “murder rates were 19.3 percent higher when the Federal [‘assault weapons’] ban (AWB) was in effect.” We currently see this same truism playing out at the city level — in places like Chicago — where an “assault weapons” ban is simply correlating with a higher rate of shootings and murder, rather than a reduced rate of either.
- “High-Capacity” Magazine Ban — Like the “assault weapons” ban, a ban on “high capacity” magazines is a favorite gun control push for Democrats following nearly every high-profile shooting or mass public attack. Yet “high-capacity” magazine bans are demonstrable failures and, as with all gun controls, give the criminal who continues to use “high-cap” mags an advantage over the law-abiding citizen who turns his or hers into the police or governing authority. For example, during the May 2014 Santa Barbara attack in which Elliot Rodger shot and killed three innocents, all his magazines had a capacity of 10 rounds or less. Rodger made up for the smaller magazine capacity by simple carrying more magazines with him. And following the heinous April 16, 2007, attack on innocents at Virginia Tech — where Seung-Hui Cho used 15-round magazines in carrying out a murder spree that killed 32 — a Virginia Tech review board found that limiting him to 10-round magazines “would have not made that much difference in the incident.” Why would smaller magazines have made little difference? Because the overarching problem was a gun-free zone that dictated all law-abiding citizens be disarmed. Therefore, the gunman had all the time in the world to shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot, ad nauseam.
- Universal Background Checks — Universal background checks have been the preferred control option for Democrats and Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) ever since the heinous December 14, 2012, attack on Sandy Hook Elementary. Such checks would require all gun sales — retail and private — to be conducted under the purview of a Federal Firearm License (FFL) holder, who would run the buyer’s personal information through an FBI database to check for criminal background, etc.
- Problem #1: Such a check would not have stopped or even hindered the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting because the gunman, Adam Lanza, did not buy his guns. Rather, he stole them.
- Problem #2: The criminals on the streets of Baltimore, Chicago, Milwaukee, NYC, Philadelphia, St. Louis, etc., are not of a mind to stand in line and let an FFL run their black market gun sales through a FBI database.
- Problem #3: Such a check already exists in retail stores — Dick’s Sporting Goods, Walmart, Academy, Gander Mountain, mom & pop gun stores, etc. — and it has offered no impediment to determined attackers who wish to acquire a gun for criminal use. For example, one of the strongest proponents of background checks is former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, who was shot by Jared Loughner on January 8, 2011, yet Loughner acquired his gun by passing a background check. And it is not just Loughner. In October 2015, the New York Times did a story on mass shooters and revealed that the vast majority of them acquire their guns by passing background checks. The exceptions to this pattern are those who steal their guns — think Adam Lanza — and the small fraction of high-profile gunman who get someone to purchase the gun for them.
- Gun-Free Zones — The common thread running through high-profile shootings and mass public attacks in America is not the type of gun used or the color of the attacker’s skin. Rather, it is the unnatural condition law-abiding citizens endure when they find themselves disarmed in a “gun-free zone” by a local, state, or federal government mandate. To be fair, in some cases the “gun-free zone” is the result of a business owner’s decision. We saw this with the Aurora movie theater in July 2012 and the Lafayette movie theater in July 2015.
Breitbart News previously reported that in an 8-year time period ending August 2, 2015, “gun-free zones” cost 105 innocent lives taken by gun fire and more than 150 others injured. Think about it — 105 persons unable to defend their lives because their Second Amendment rights were curtailed. Does this mean all 105 of those persons would have carried a gun for self-defense if the “gun-free zones” had been abolished? No. But it does mean that they could have. And it means removing the impediment to their doing so would have at least given them a fighting chance instead of leaving them trapped in a defenseless posture when yet another criminal ignored the signs that said “no guns allowed.”
SOURCE – Breitbart.com
Friends, We can’t believe this bitch hasn’t been indicted yet. Perhaps when the Benghazi probe is available this summer, we’ll get some justice or at least squash her presidential campaign. In the meantime, Hillary Clinton claimed that the U.S. “didn’t lose a single person” in Libya during her time as secretary of state. Clinton made the comment defending her push for regime change in the war-torn North African nation at an Illinois town hall hosted by MSNBC. Really? I guess she never saw the images of the body of Ambassador Stevens being dragged in the street.
“Now, is Libya perfect? It isn’t,” Clinton said. After contrasting her approach toward Libya with the ongoing bloodshed in Syria’s civil war, Clinton said “Libya was a different kind of calculation and we didn’t lose a single person … We didn’t have a problem in supporting our European and Arab allies in working with NATO.”
Clinton made no mention of the Sept. 11, 2012 terror attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya that killed four Americans: U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, information officer Sean Smith, and former Navy SEALS Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty. Check it out…
SOURCE – InfoWars.com